August 20 - Bannon Will Inflame America's Tribal Division; Trump's Blindness Toward White Supremacist Terrorism; Trump's Demonization of Whole Communities Helps Terrorists

Share this Share this


Full Program

LISTEN TO FULL PROGRAM  

Part 1

We begin with growing awareness that Donald Trump is dangerously unqualified to be president and that he is neither stable nor competent as Republican Senator Bob Corker suggested, yet he is wildly popular with 80% of Republican voters. Dr. Rachel Kleinfeld, a senior associate in the Democracy and Rule of Law Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace joins us to discuss the tribal division in America between those inside government who have dealt with this deluded and possibly deranged individual in the Oval Office and the 65% of Americans who are beginning to understand the deeply embarrassing and frightening nature of this electoral aberration while on the other side, 35% of the country are happy with the economy and love what Trump is doing trashing the press and praising the Confederacy. And now since Stephen Bannon has his hands back on his Breitbart weapons, we can expect the country to be further polarized by right wing radicals who see themselves at war with the Marxist liberal establishment, globalists and cosmopolitans.

 

Part 2

Then with Trump ignoring the 40,000 overwhelmingly peaceful marchers in Boston yesterday protesting a gathering of about 100 neo-Nazis as he tweeted out “Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston”, we will examine the role of the remaining white supremacist and fascist sympathizer in the White House, Sebastian Gorka, who with his wife Katharine apparently influence Trump’s thinking and have managed to curtail Homeland Security’s efforts to monitor white supremacist domestic terrorists in the country. David Schanzer, Professor of the Practice and Director of the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security at Duke University joins us to discuss the Trump Administration’s willful blindness towards who is responsible by far for most of the domestic terrorism in America.

Part 3

Then finally we look into the use of vehicles as instruments of terrorism both in Charlottesville and Barcelona and speak with Mia Bloom, an expert on terrorism at Georgia State University and author of “Dying to Kill: The Allure of Suicide Terror” and the forthcoming “Small Arms: Children and Terror”. She joins us to discuss the teenage terrorist involved in the Barcelona massacre and the different approach Spanish authorities take towards their Muslim communities as opposed to the Trump Administration’s demonization of whole communities who now no longer feel they can cooperate with local police.

Image result for Mia Bloom

 

mp3audio: